Sunday 13 November 2016

WITH COMEDY, I'M TAKING AFTER MY MOTHER - MC STYLO

CAN WE MEET YOU?
My name is Aremu Sesan Ekundayo also known as MC STYLO. I'm a Lagos based MASTER OF CEREMONY/COMEDIAN but international bound, also a graduate of Mass Communications from the Prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism Ogba, Lagos. I am a Christian, I hail from Egbe in  Yagba West Local Government, Kogi State.  I'm the second boy from a Family of 4 (two boys two girls).

YOUR EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Had my primary education at Goshen Nursery and primary school, Ketu Lagos then proceeded to Federal Government College Ilorin, Kwara State for my secondary school education.

YOUR JOURNEY INTO ENTERTAINMENT
Entertainment runs in my family because we all are involved in one or two acts which varies from music, drama and comedy.  I actually started as a multi- instrumentalist playing the Drum-Set, Piano, Talking drums and Bass Guitar so I had thought I might be a producer or anything around music; I still play the instruments though. However, my mother used to MC at events and traditional engagements which is known as ALAGA. I would get home and mimic all she did at events but adding my own twist to it, from there the comical part of me was coming up. I didn’t take it to heart until I noticed I could spontaneously play with words get people’s attention, but one day in year 2009, my elder Brother asked me to anchor a youth programme in our church, though it was not as easy as I thought because I was used to talking around few people and to face a large audience was a bit challenging, I experienced stage freight, but thank God I did well and from there I decided to build it into being a professional.

PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCES
I have been privilege to produce two editions of my show tagged "CHILL & CONNECT with MC STYLO and Friends", which introduced me to professionals like KOFFI, GBENGA ADEYINKA D 1ST, OMOBABA, TIBLAZE, SACO, the late MR NOMOLOSS after which more opportunities came for me to feature at KOFFI COMEDY NITE LIVE,AY OPEN MIC, LAFFMATTAZZ WITH GBENGA ADEYINKA D 1ST, OMOBABA:UNKNOT YOUR TIE, TIBLAZE: FIRE OF LAFTA, and Numerous Comedy platform which I will forever remain grateful to.

ROLE MODELS
All comedians are my models because of their unique strength which I respect and learn from, however the likes KOFFI, ALIBABA, GBENGA ADEYINKA D'1st, AY, BASKETMOUTH, TIBLAZE, GORDONS, SACO, OMOBABA are models that have personally shaped my style and personality.

WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
Currently am working on expanding my brand as well and also my 3rd show will be coming soon by God’s grace so you all should watch out for the information and please support.

Aside Stand-up comedy and hosting events, am looking forward to sitcoms, soap operas and please don’t be surprised if you get to an event and see me on any musical instrument or even directing a visual production; it’s just me being versatile.

WHAT DO YOU DO OFF STAGE?
I Research on the new tricks to improve my performance, listen to music and rehearse my fellow instrumentalist either at church or studio, and spend time with family, loved ones.

FACEBOOK: STYLO COMEDIAN CFR
INSTAGRAM: @STYLOCOMEDIAN
TWITTER: @stylocomedian
PHONE: 08062386696, 08179545063
YOUTUBE: MC STYLO COMEDIAN
Email: carloscommunications@yahoo.com

6 comments: