Monday 28 November 2016

I ONCE SOLD RECHARGE CARDS - RAPINDADY

> CAN WE MEET YOU?
My name is Jolomi Raphael popularly known as Mc Rapindady (#oloyeRapin). I am a comedian, an actor and OAP.

>YOUR EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering at The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti where I graduated with upper credit. And currently running my post graduate course in Telecommunications engineering.


>JOURNEY INTO ENTERTAINMENT: I traveled my way into the entertainment scene in what seems to be like a trial by error, I wasn't expecting it initially but I knew I had a few natural gifts which as at that time were still very raw. I could dance, sing, act and anchor events. I wasn't looking at that aspect of my life though. All I wanted for myself was success. I keep trying my hands on several stuffs, I did dance drama, I did a few songs, I acted some skits, I sold recharge cards, I did this monthly contribution business known as AJO, but I stopped most of these things along d line because they were not giving me d desired results. Naturally I was a bit funny UNPROFESSIONALLLY, but comedy was not a part of what I thought I could do maybe because I am a very shy person and very low level of interpersonal relationship with people. But it all started in 2012 when I was serving the Nation on the NYSC platform. I was outspoken, I was given the mandate to lead as the CDS chairman in my local govt. IBADAN northwest LGA. part of my job was to make our weekly meeting very lively. So I started training myself on how to make people laugh on weekly basis and like a flash, I was able to unleash the comic part of me. And that was how it all started for me. I started to get invites for shows, weddings etc.

> PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCES AND EVENTS
I have either anchored or performed in over 200 event ever since I started this business. I have performed on very big stages as well as small ones. I have performed on the same stage with some of Nigera's best entertainers such Dbanj, Banky W, Timi dakolo, Olu maintain, Gbenga Adeyinka D'1st, Bovi, Akpororo, Seyi law, Korede Bello, 9ice, and many more. I have had the opportuny to perform at GLO LAFTA FEST, LAffmattazz With Gbenga Adeyinka D'1st, 1stBon Impression, I am the producer of one of the best comedy shows in Oyo state THE SPARTACUS COMEDY SHOW, to mention a few.



> ROLE MODELS
Jesus is my Role model. And I admire Basket mouth and Bovi from afar.

> MENTORS
I really don't have people who mentor me directly, but I follow them up from a distance, I learn from them, the way they handle issues, the way they live their lives. I just don't like getting too close, because every human has a bad side too and I believe I would get to know the bad sides if I am too close. People like Koffi, Gbenga Adeyinka D'1st, Big Bolaji (BIG B) are such mentors to me.

> SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR LATEST WORK
I have a few projects on my desk at the moment which are all aimed at making Mc Rapindady a bigger and better brand. I am running a weekly comedy show at GQ lounge Bodija Ibadan, I am hosting a radio program on Lagelu Fm 96.3 Ibadan called FRIDAY PEPERMPE, I am working on a constant Instagram comedy skit 'the adventures of OloyeRAPIN' Among many others.



> WHAT ELSE ARE YOU WORKING ON?
Am working on my biggest comedy show in the city of IBADAN which happen to be my 5th year anniversary on stage coupled with the 5th Edition of my concert THE SPARTACUS COMEDY SHOW Season 5. My fans should look forward to that. It will be massive. We are working day and night to make it a well deserved anniversary.

> WHEN YOU ARE NOT WORKING, WHAT DO YOU DO?
If am not working, I am either rehearsing or singing.

> YOUR CONTACTS
Phone: 07031373320
Instagram: @rapindady
Facebook: Mc Rapindady Jolomi
Email: rapindady@yahoo.com
Twitter: @rapindady


Remember to subscribe to our YOUTUBE CHANNEL to catch up with more entertaining videos.

Like us on FACEBOOK

Follow Us on our social platforms.
Twitter: @laffmattazz
Instagram: @laffmattazztv
Facebook: Laffmattazz
Twitter: @gbengaadeyinka
Instagram: @gbengaadeyinka1stgcon

Snapchat : gcon1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment